Today was going to be a very busy day with physical therapy appointments for me, picking up the school carpool, birthday parties, soccer games and softball games. Don't you love when you have a crazy busy day something always happens to throw a kink in your well planned day. Troy called me at my therapy appointment and asked if I could come home. Coleman had fallen and cut his head and it was bleeding badly. For those of you who know Troy you know he HA TES blood and gets grossed out with anything medical. The man didn't see any of his kids come into the world. I come home as quick as I can take one look at Coleman grab a book and we are off to the nearest instacare. He got to wear a nice blue headband while they numbed his head. And the only time that he cried was when they made him lie down on the table so they could clean out the cut. He got two staples to close his head. The best part for him was when they gave him the syringe they used to clean his wound. He now has his own squirt gun, and the sucker wasn't so bad either. The best part is trying to find out what happened. Walker was outside with him, and keeps changing the story because he thinks he will get in trouble. By piecing together bits and pieces we think Coleman was climbing up the swingset ladder and fell through the opening and landing on a paving stone. We are lucky it wasn't worse. When we were leaving the instacare the dr. told me this was life with a boy. When I told him that I had 4 he offered me the staple gun. I should have taken him up on it. It would have saved me a lot of money on copays in the future. Oh well.
5 comments:
You guys are a match made in heaven! I'm just glad my one and only medical emergency with E happened in your car so I had your medical expertise right on hand. Glad Coleman is such a trooper. And I LOVE how Walker keeps changing his story. too funny! How is your physical therapy going? I forgot all about your poor knee. thanks for making time to post. HIL-arious! (get-it...get-it!)
I know this says Vince, he is the one with the account, but it is me...Mom. I am not surprised Coleman didn't cry until he couldn't do what he wanted. He is one tough little guy! Glad things turned out okay. Love you all.
Poor Coleman! Glad he's ok! I'm still waiting for the first bloody incident to happen around here with Brayden. I don't do well around blood either so I'm not looking forward to it even though its bound to happen eventually! I need to come live by you! :) At least Coleman got a cool squirt gun out of it! haha
AWESOME!! You really should have taken the staple gun. It would have made a great threat on those special days when you have no control over your family. Thanks for the great laugh.
Heather
HI Hil! That makes me feel better. I'm always afraid that Savannah is going to do that. Did I tell you about the time I called poison control? Love ya!! Jamie
Post a Comment