Monday, October 27, 2008

How in the world????

So this has been an exciting weekend for the family. Coleman has had a little cough for a couple of days last week. Saturday night he had a 104 degree fever and trouble breathing. When the fever went down he wasn't panting for air anymore. Instacare TOTALLY dropped the ball when I took him there. They told me it was a virus and they couldn't do anything. Well he had been fine all morning today so I went to lunch with a friend and his fever spiked and the gasping for air started again. So I ran him to his doctor. His fever was 105 degrees. The nurse at the doctor took his temperature 3 times because she didn't believe it. Turns out Coleman has pneumonia!! How in the world does a 2 year old get pneumonia!!!??? Its not like he licks grocery carts or eats food off the ground like one of his older brothers who shall remain nameless. (Walker) Needless to say after 2 antiobiotic shots at the doctor and another antibiotic to take at home he is doing MUCH better. Thank goodness, maybe I can actually get some sleep tonight.

3 comments:

Allison Hill said...

Oh my gosh! How scary! I'm glad he's doing better though and hopefully you got some sleep last night! :)

Suzanne said...

Yikes! I hope things are better at your house. That is a scary deal. Max got pneumonia right around his first birthday...it completely freaked me out. His bouts of croup weren't fun either...I think it's the whole not-being-able-to-breathe thing. Thank goodness for modern medicine, right??

Lacey said...

Very scary! Instacare is totally lame (5th S. and Main?). Too bad I seem to be their too often! Hopefully things return to normal soon!