Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Catch Up







So I havent posted for ever so I guess this post will be a little bit of catch up. I have learned in my 6.5 years of parenting that there are some things that I don't love doing so much. But if your kids love it then you will do it no matter what. We did one of these things on Monday night. We took our 3 oldest boys to ride the Polar Express in Heber. They were so excited that Walker couldn't stay in his seat, and you could hear Coleman screaming choo-choo above all the noise. Once on the train there are elves, chefs, and Mr. and Mrs. Claus. You get cookies and hot chocolate. They read the polar express story and finish just in time to arrive at the North Pole to see Santa. On the way back to the station Santa visits all the kids on the train and gives them a bell just like in the story. Some kids scream when they see Santa, Coleman just pretended to be asleep. The boys favorite part was the lame jokes the elves told. Really not funny at all. But Jackson and Walker will be repeating them for the next two weeks. Which makes those jokes even less funny. By the third year this train is okay, Troy just calls it the most expensive cookie and hot chocolate ever. But the boys LOVE it so we will be there again next year. Coleman was so excited to ride the train! I made the mistake of telling him last week that we would be riding a train. He asked me everyday when we were riding the "choo-choo". So now he still asks and I tell him aren't riding it anymore. He throws a HUGE tantrum complete with screaming and flailing limbs. Needless to say if this continues for the next 365 days we will not be riding a train EVER again.



1 comment:

The Joyners said...

That is so funny!! I understand how you feel about Matt, that is exactly what my bros do to my kids! The good thing about us doing this first, is that we will remember and payback can be ugly! hee hee! Merry Christmas- Mandy