Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I HATE the cold

Is it bad that it has taken me almost 32 years to realize that I HATE cold weather? I used to like it because I would sit in my bed all day and read. But for some odd reason I don't have that luxury anymore. I think I can 't do that anymore for 4 reasons......Jackson, Walker, Coleman and Landon. Troy and I went to St. George this weekend, it was 60 degrees and no inversion. We golfed all day Saturday and I realized that I never wanted to come back to SLC. I want to be able to wear flip-flops all year long without my toes turning black from frostbite. I hate that when I have to drive the carpool in the morning it takes the entire trip for my car to get warm. I HATE that my kids can't play outside with the bad air, because it makes my house seem about half the size. I hate that when I need to take dirty diapers or the trash out in the morning I can 't open my gate because it is frozen in the ground. I just realized that this post makes me sound really mad, I am not. I am just really really ready for summer. 5 months and counting......

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I wouldn't mind you guys kicking it with us St. Georgians. However, I'm wishing it would stay COOL(not cold) for just a little bit longer, but I'm afraid it will be 80 in February before I can blink twice.

gibbfamily said...

I'm with you...I used to really enjoy winter, until I had kids. Every winter I feel like our walls are closing in on me. I can go days, sometimes weeks without leaving besides to sit in the carpool lane at preschool. Even playing in the snow isn't enjoyable anymore, because guess who gets to clean up...mom! Here's to a very short winter!! Or better yet, here's to talking our husbands into moving somewhere warm!

Suzanne said...

Yeah, winter sure is different with kids, isn't it? Dave is always telling me that he wants to move to St. George. I'm pretty sure I would miss the 4 seasons, and the heat would probably get to me. But it sure sounds good right now...